As a dairy free person, I’ve been doing some experimenting with various recipes. I think this one turned out pretty good. It had a nice flavor and the rice cauliflower made it very thick and filling.
Creamy Mushroom Sauce with White Wine
- 1 medium white onion
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup white wine + 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup almond milk + 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp flour of choice
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- olive oil or butter or butter substitute
- Put fat of choice in pan and turn heat to medium low.
- Warm onion in pan until soft and translucent
- Add garlic, mushrooms and 1/3 cup wine.
- Stir through and increase heat to medium
- Warm almond milk separately (approx 20 seconds in microwave) and slowly add to pan
- Stir in and let bubble and simmer for a few minutes
- Whisk in nutritional yeast and flour
- Add bay leaf
- Turn heat to low and stir every few minutes until thickened
- Add remaining wine and warmed milk
- Add riced cauliflower (cooked separately) and stir
- Serve with chicken or turkey